• Hartelijk welkom op het forum van Megekko!
    Megekko is dé webshop waar je alles voor jouw computer vindt. Of je nu op zoek bent naar een nieuwe laptop, een upgrade van je videokaart of een printer, in onze webshop vind je het allemaal. Je bent nu op het forum van Megekko. Bezoek onze webshop:
    Webshop
    Informatie over inloggen en registratie
    Om gebruik te maken van het forum gebruik je je Megekko webshop account.
    Als je nog geen webshop account hebt kun je deze hier aanmaken.

need advise on external storage drive

ievapieva

Nieuw forumlid
Hello! I am writing as I need help choosing the right storage drive.

I am a videographer and I have built a PC for video editing. I am looking for external storage to store all of my old footage, so I don't delete it, but rather store it, in case I ever need it again. I am looking for at least 8TB of storage, my budget is around 200 euros, possible for more, it needs to be able to connect to my PC. I have an Asrock B450M PRO4 motherboard.

Thank you in advance for your help!

Hello!

You'd be looking at something like this.
Sadly you won't be able to get an SSD solution at that capacity for your budget, so the transfer speeds for files will be a little slower.

What you can also do, is build a NAS. This is a little more expensive but makes it possible to access those files everywhere and anytime, from almost every device. You can also do this redundantly by adding another 8tb hard drive later (or now, if you're willing to raise the budget)
Components to build a simple, cheap nas: (EXAMPLE)
(If you're interested in a nas, let me know; I will optimize the list)

Terug
Bovenaan