• Hartelijk welkom op het forum van Megekko!
    Megekko is dé webshop waar je alles voor jouw computer vindt. Of je nu op zoek bent naar een nieuwe laptop, een upgrade van je videokaart of een printer, in onze webshop vind je het allemaal. Je bent nu op het forum van Megekko. Bezoek onze webshop:
    Webshop
    Informatie over inloggen en registratie
    Om gebruik te maken van het forum gebruik je je Megekko webshop account.
    Als je nog geen webshop account hebt kun je deze hier aanmaken.

The computer shuts down by itself.

Trusstorybro

Nieuw forumlid
Hello, less than 2 weeks ago I ordered such a set to assemble.

Screenshot_20240806_223844_Chrome.webp
After assembling, everything was going great until this afternoon.
The computer suddenly turned off by itself and it was impossible to turn it on until I reset the power, after restarting I managed to do a benchmark test on which everything worked smoothly, but after some time the computer turned off again. Every time this happens, it doesn't go to turn it on without restarting the power, sometimes it will turn on and work for a dozen or so minutes, and sometimes it turns off after just a few seconds. I tried to restart the bios by removing the bios battery in the motherboard, I tried to swap the RAM places, as well as start the pc with only one memory chip, but each time sooner or later the problem returns. Is anyone able to suggest what could be wrong or will it simply be necessary to return the equipment under warranty to the service?

Hi,
Multiple components could be the issue here. It could be a faulty powersupply, which is sort of easy to troubleshoot by purchasing a new PSU and just installing it outside of the case, make sure to use all of the new cables that come with out.

It could be a memory issue, which you can test by running memtest86.
If your PC is stable in the BIOS screen, try updating the BIOS if you haven't already. There are some stability improvements.
It could also be something more difficult to troubleshoot like your processor or motherboard. Which you'll only be able to test by replacing them.
Of course check if all the (power) cables are installed correctly.

I probably solved the problem, because today the computer works flawlessly, at night I updated Windows11 because I read on the Internet that there is some error that causes the computer to shut down. If after a long time I still don't experience this problem again, I'll let you know so that others reading this post in the future can know what the problem was. If the problem returns, I will contact the service and let you know what the cause was.

Terug
Bovenaan